Uninterrupted services in a safe way
We are all living in uncertain times – our ‘new norm’. In uncertain times, it is our aim to provide certainty. At Cullen Kilshaw we are doing this by working smarter in the ways we practise law and deliver legal and property services to our clients to ensure that you receive uninterrupted services in a safe way.
Safety is foremost in our minds when taking day to day decisions about how we interact with our clients, professional colleagues and the ways in which we deliver legal and property services. We understand that social distancing and self-isolation can make attending legal meetings difficult or even impossible. To overcome this and for everyone’s safety, we have adapted our services to provide telephone and video conferencing services in place of in-person meetings. This means we can speak with you face to face via your computer, tablet or mobile. Using Microsoft Teams we are delivering services for both ongoing matters and new instructions.
We can provide advice, verify identity, witness document signing and speak with you by video call wherever you are. From the comfort of your home you can meet with a solicitor at a time convenient to you without the need for you to travel or visit our offices. To arrange a video call or telephone meeting, simply call our offices and we will do the rest. We do, of course, continue to communicate with clients via phone and email. Whichever method is the easiest and most suitable for your circumstances, we will work with you to arrange your meeting.
Joining a Microsoft Teams Meeting
Our preferred video calling system is Microsoft Teams. This should work seamlessly if you have the Microsoft Teams app installed on your mobile, tablet or laptop prior to your scheduled meeting. It goes without saying that your device must have an integrated camera or an installed webcam.
To have a Teams meeting you don’t need a Microsoft account, you can join as a guest.
1. To arrange a meeting to speak with one of our solicitors or legal experts, simply call us.
2. We will arrange a meeting time and date with you over the telephone.
3. An email invitation will be sent to you that contains a link to the meeting.
4. Check your email for your invite, click the link ‘Join Microsoft Meeting’.
You will be presented with 3 choices:
- Download the app (recommended )
- Continue on the web (no download or installation required)
- Open your Teams app – if you have already downloaded the app
5. There is no need to setup an account, choose to join as a guest.
6. Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings.
7. When you are ready, click the join now button and we will admit you to the meeting.
For more information, please visit www.microsoft.com/teams for instructions on how to download the app for your specific device.
It is worth reminding you that you should always remain suspicious of emails you receive with links to be clicked. The meeting invitation will clearly state the name of the person you are meeting as the sender and will be from an @cullenkilshaw.com email address. If you are in any doubt whatsoever about the email which you receive please pick up the phone and we will verify whether you have the correct email or not.
If you have any difficulties with Microsoft Teams we can use Zoom, WhatsApp or Facetime for your video call.