If you are thinking about selling your home, it doesn’t have to be stressful. While there is much to consider, we can help you through the process. Here are the typical steps:
- Contact Cullen Kilshaw for a free valuation, to find out how much you are likely to get for your home.
- If there is a price range for a new home you wish to move to, speak to a mortgage adviser to find out how much you would need to achieve from your property sale.
- Appoint Cullen Kilshaw as your solicitor estate agent, as we will handle the sale from start to finish. We will also advise you on where best to set your price.
- We will help to arrange a Home Report through a surveyor, which will let buyers know the condition of your property.
- We will now market your property by arranging photographs, sales boards, and posting it online and in the press.
- Prepare your home for viewers by taking the time to make sure it looks as good as possible. This could involve placing flowers in the kitchen, tidying the bathroom or a lick of paint on the door.
- Any potential buyers will submit an offer, and your solicitor can then advise you on closing dates and which offer to accept.
- Once you have accepted an offer, your solicitor will negotiate the ‘missives’ and the money from the sale will be collected and arranged.
Cullen Kilshaw’s approach
With nearly forty years of providing expert property and legal services to families and businesses our track record speaks for itself.
The complete package under one roof
Integrated estate agency and legal services for both buying and selling designed around our clients’ needs.
Local knowledge and personal service
From initial contact through to completion our clients are advised and supported by local experts who know, live and work in the Borders.
Value for money
We provide a clear and upfront fee structure in writing with package options.
Highest possible professional standards
Cullen Kilshaw work to the highest possible standards and culture of excellence as set out by The Law Society of Scotland.
When it comes to selling and buying what is most likely your biggest financial asset, you can trust us implicitly to act in your best interests at all times.
Free Pre-Sale Valuation
With lots of property on the market for sale, getting your asking price right from day one has never been more important. We value hundreds of properties a year. Request a free valuation. It could save you thousands. Request a Free Pre-sale Valuation.